Service with a Purpose at Specsavers – Vernon, BC
Want to join us in working for a multi-award-winning retailer, Specsavers? As the fastest growing optical retail group with over 2,700 businesses around the world, we are thrilled to make our arrival in Canada. Join us during this exciting time as we open 200+ Specsavers locations across the nation. We pride ourselves on putting people first, starting with you by providing a fun and supportive working culture for our team.
What you’ll do
As the face of Specsavers, you have a vital role introducing what we’re all about and that is providing the ultimate in quality and affordable eyecare for everyone. We’re putting our best foot forward with you to deliver the Specsavers memorable care that 41 million customers around the world know and receive when they enter a Specsavers. You will pleasantly exceed your customers’ expectations through your shining, caring personality as you guide them through our range of stylish frames and support customers who see themselves through contact lenses for the first time.
What we’re looking for
We’re people people, and you are too! No experience in optics necessary but you do have a passion for customer service and a willingness to learn. We’re all about providing you with the support and training you need to become a Specsavers eyecare consultant, while also helping you to develop a range of career skills so you can reach your aspirations.
Here’s what will make an exceptional eyecare consultant:
- A passion for providing superb customer service motivated by uncovering new ways to enhance the optical shopping experience
- You help us stand out by embracing our unique Specsavers Customer Experience model, which means you prioritize driving long term customer relationships over short term results
- You have an ability to work well under pressure while also achieve excellent technical standards, creating and celebrating WOW moments and delivering experiences that transcend customers’ expectations
- You have a friendly and outgoing demeanour, while working with customers to provide knowledgeable eyewear suggestions and styling advice
- You are reliable and offer flexibility to work retail hours which may include some later nights and weekends
Our eyecare consultant position at Specsavers, Village Green gives you:
- Extended health plan and our Employee Assistance Program which provides access to services including counselling, family/elder care support, financial assistance, legal services, health coaching, nutritional guidance, stress management, and leadership tools.
- 3 weeks’ vacation, 6 sick days (PT and FT), 1 paid volunteer day per year, and your birthday off
- 2 free pairs of glasses annually. Enjoy discounted rates for additional Specsavers products
- Access to our internal app where you can easily connect with other Specsavers’ colleagues across the country, share stories, gain rewards, and have easy access to training modules
- Opportunities to advance your career with a professional development plan
In addition to competitive pay, training, and the opportunity to be with us from the start of our exciting Specsavers journey in Canada – you can be at the forefront for new opportunities and career growth as we expand to reach our target of 200 stores in Canada by 2024.